Footmax, a complete orthotic lab that custom-designs orthotics, knew that its competitors were quickly catching up to them by offering innovative technology solutions around foot scanning. Footmaxx’s main customers are podiatrists who provide patients’ foot scans for custom orthotics. Footmaxx needed a way to increase the volume of foot scans from podiatrists. They wanted a best-in-class tablet-based application that would allow them to catch up with—and ultimately, surpass—competitors.
From our research into industry best practices and customer feedback, we learned that orthopedic physicians and podiatrists wanted an easy-to-use and on-the-go experience compared to the conventional, bulky machine confined to the office. This led us to deliver a convenient and intuitive user experience that seamlessly captures the 3D foot scans Footmaxx needed to create custom orthotics.
"Modern and minimalistic, the app’s design combines geometric shapes with the Footmaxx red to bring the features and main CTAs to the forefront."
- Physicians can now annotate patient information on corresponding foot scans to ensure no crucial patient data is lost.
- Each scan’s file format is seamlessly converted to 3Dmaxx’s requirement so that each is sent instantly.
- Through the integration with the Occipital Structure SDK, the end-user can now produce complex 3D images of both the left and right foot with an iPad.
- “Offline mode” grants users access to log-in, enter patient information, and capture foot scans without an internet connection.
- Integration with the 3Dmaxx API allows users to scan and immediately send images and corresponding patient information directly to the 3Dmaxx software.
- Mobile Apps - Best Use of Mobile Camera - Silver
- Mobile Apps - Best Practices - Silver
- Mobile Apps - Best UX - Silver